DEFENSIVE TECHNIQUES LIKE:

READING DEFENSE

Blocking Shots
1. Blocking Shots
2. Making opponent miss their shots
3. Anticipating The offense type of shots

Stopping/slowing the Dribbler
1. Stealing the ball
2. Making the dribbler become defensive rather than offensive

Making Opponents Pass
1. Making the opponent pass at the wrong time
2. Anticipating a pass for a steal, turn over and convert into points.

Stopping Lay ups
1. Stopping or making opponents mess up their lay up

Defending against a jumpshot​
1. Blocking the opponent
2. Making opponnent miss

Stopping Fastbreaks
1. Recognizing a potential Fastbreaks
2. Stopping Fastbreaks

 Ball Recovery on Defense
1. Stealing Balls
2. breaking down boxing out

Anti-Post Up Moves
1. How to defend against the post up game
FAITH CASTILLO IS CURRENTLY TRAINING IN OUR SCHOOL SINCE JAN 2011.  LOOK OUT FOR HER IN THE FUTURE.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER:

1. You need height (born with it)

(The following items you are either BORN WITH, OR you can develop it)

 2. You need SPEED 
 3. You need STAMINA
 4. You need HIGH JUMPING SKILLS
 5. you need DEFENSIVE SKILLS
 6. You need OFFENSIVE SHOOTING SKILLS
 7. You need BASKETBALL I.Q.

HEIGHT IS ONLY 14% of what you need to become a good basketball player, which you can't change.  The other 86%, you can work on or change TO BE AN AWESOME BASKETBALL  PLAYER. 

We will work primarily on your:
OFFENSIVE SHOOTING SKILLS
DEFENSIVE SKILLS
BALL RECOVERY SKILLS
FOOTWORK OFFENSE AND DEFENSE
BASKETBALL I.Q.

ANTICIPATING YOUR OPPONENTS OFFENSE
​READING OPPONENTS OFFENSE
READING OPPONENTS DEFENSE
PROS & CONS OF ZONE DEFENSE
PROS & CONS OF MAN TO MAN DEFENSE

PRIVATE TRAINING AVAILABLE
GROUP TRAINING AVAILABLE

REQUIREMENTS: NON


WE WILL TEACH YOU THE RULES AND HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL.  YOU WILL LEARN MOVES EVEN IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE!!!
FARRAH CASTILLO  TRAINED IN OUR SCHOOL BEFORE SHE WAS RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN CHINO VALLEY 2010 & 2011

© 2012 CBL Sports. All rights reserved.
"It's not uncommon to find basketball players playing for years and lack most of these skills. They primarily depend on their speed and vertical ability when they play, but as they age, their speed and their jumping ability diminishes. At that point, it's time for them to retire at age 30 or even younger. Don't you want to keep on playing even when you  are older than 28? When AGE takes back the gift that comes with your  youth, you must have skills, techniques, and basketball IQ to remain competitive even after the age of 28. This knowledge is very beneficial for older players and EVEN MORE SO for younger players. Imagine combining techniques with speed and strength." - Coach Fred Castillo
OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

DECISION MAKING

Shooting
1. shooting 3points
2. midrange
3. near the basket
4. underneath basket

Dribbling
1. Proper dribbling mechanics
2. Protecting your dribble

Passing:
1. Proper Passing mechanics
2. When to pass

Lay ups:
1. Left and right Lay ups

Jump shots:
1. Proper mechanics of jumpshots
2. When to take a jumpshot

Fast Breaks:

1. How to execute Fastbreaks
2. How to finish Fastbreaks

Ball Recovery on offense:
1. Boxing out
2. Stealing Ball

Post Up Moves
​1. Various Post Up Moves
  • Demonstrating the advantages of Zone and Man to Man Defense.
  • Concepts of the Full Court Game
  • Confidence to play in a real game or an organized league